5.01.2010

La-a Out!

When I started this blog, I intended to be a forum or question and answer sort of blog where people could feel free to ask questions about black people specifically. It was my intent to answer openly and honestly from what I know to be true from my life and experiences. This task proved to be too much: no one really felt open enough to ask questions (for the most part). I’m not exactly sure why. But then a problem surfaced: How can a person have a Q and A blog without any Q’s? So, I wrote a blog about not getting any questions. This resulted in getting a couple of questions that I answered promptly and knowledgeably. But then, it was back to the day to day- no questions and no answers.

I also wrote about silly questions that the students at school where I work would ask me. I have to admit that I was even surprised by some of the questions they asked (but I can’t fault them, at least they were brave enough to ask!) I talked about my decision to grow out my natural hair and the inner conflicts that this decision brought up. I ranted about things that were annoying me (there were lots).

But as they say, “All good things must come to an end.” And, for me, for this semester, for this time, this is the end. In a few weeks the school year will be over and I will be venturing out as a full time student at the U of A and a full time house wife. I will no longer be employed at the high school with the kids that made me laugh so much and frustrated me beyond belief. I am pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Math Education and will be focusing all (or at least most) of my energy to that end. I intend to continue blogging but with a different mission: structure, sorting out feelings and therapy. My blog will still be located in this space but it will be different. This time it will be for me.

Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing your thoughts with me.

La-a

1 comment:

  1. La-a,
    I am so happy to hear that you are planning to continue this blog. You should be proud of the amount (and quality) of writing you produced this semester. Your blog was a PLEASURE to read. Thank you for taking enjoyment in the assignment and committing yourself to an important, entertaining, and consistent theme. Your hair is fabulous, and your frank, satiric voice is appealing and unique in the blogosphere.
    I have enjoyed watching you grow as a writer this semester. I hope you enjoy your experience as a full time UA student.

    ReplyDelete