3.07.2010

Any Questions?

So, I started this blog under the assumption that people would be chomping at the bit to ask all kinds of random questions about black people. What we like. Why we do what we do. What is a sellout? How come all black people can dance? Can all black people dance? What about basketball? Do black people own stock in Jordans? If black people are so proud of being black, why do they spend so much money straightening their hair? How come when a black person wears a brightly colored outfit they get compliments and look trendy but when a non black person does it, they're called wanna-be's or posers? What’s up with all the ‘sha’ and ‘qua’ sounds in black people’s names? What does it mean to "talk black?"

These are the types of questions that I expected to hear from my curious readers. What do I get? Nadda. No questions what-so-ever. It’s hard for me to believe that no one has any questions. Don’t let my calling some of the student’s questions stupid deter you from asking those things that have plagued your mind for weeks, months or years! That’s all part of the fun: You ask the questions (dumb or not); and I give the answers! It’s the perfect setup if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a La-a question that I would like answered. Why is it that black women get braids in their hair when the end result is their hair falling out? I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete